I hope you enjoy this one! It's one of our favorites!
Curried Peanut Sauce Bowl with Tofu & Kale serves 4
For the tofu:
1 TBS olive oil
14 oz extra-firm tofu, pressed and bite-sized cubes
1/4 tsp salt
For the sauce & kale:
2 tsp olive oil
1 TBS minced fresh ginger
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 cup water (or more if too thick, I used almost 1 3/4 cups)
1/2 cup smooth peanut butter
2 tsp curry powder
2 TBS rice vinegar (found in the Asian section of your grocery store)
2 TBS tamari (or low-sodium soy sauce or Bragg's)
2 TBS agave nectar
1 tsp sriracha (not all asian hot sauces are vegan, check the label)
1 bunch kale, stems removed, torn into pieces
Pinch of salt
For serving:
4 cups brown rice, quinoa, or rice noodles
Sriracha (optional)
Fresh Cilantro (optional)
Prepare the tofu: Preheat a cast-iron skillet over high heat. Once heated, add olive oil in a thin layer. Add the cubed tofu and sprinkle with salt. The tofu should immediately sizzle when it hits the hot pan; otherwise, turn up the heat. Cook for about 7 minutes, tossing often, until it's nicely browned. I tend to be very meticulous when frying tofu, I make sure each piece is browned on at least 2-4 sides, turning each individual piece once one side is browned.
Prepare the sauce: Preheat a saucepan over medium-low heat and add the oil. Saute the ginger and garlic in the oil for about 30 seconds. Add the water and deglaze the pan, then turn up the heat a bit. Once the water is warm, add the peanut butter, curry powder, rice vinegar, tamari, agave, and sriracha. As the ingredients heat up, the peanut butter will blend smoothly into the water as you stir. It should take 5 minutes or so, stirring often. Taste for seasonings. I actually had to add a little more water at this point to thin out my sauce, it was quite thick.
Prepare the kale: Steam your kale with a sprinkle of salt for about 5 minutes. I like to steam my kale in the rice cooker while my rice is going. I just wait until the rice has about 5 minutes left to cook, then add my steamer top with the kale.
To assemble: Spoon the rice into bowls. Add kale, then tofu, then top with sauce. Top off with sriracha and cilantro, if you like.
| Curried Peanut Sauce Bowl with Tofu & Kale |
For dessert last night, I threw together Oreo Peanut Butter Pie! A delicious, rich pie with a chocolate cookie crust and peanut butter Oreo filling. Yum! This was incredibly easy to make and super easy to veganize!
Oreo Peanut Butter Pie makes one 9-inch pie
Ingredients:
1 package vegan cream cheese, softened
2/3 cup sugar
2/3 cup creamy peanut butter
2 TBS alternative milk
2 cups alternative whipped cream (whipped coconut milk is yummy, find the recipe here.)
18 Oreos, coarsely chopped, divided
1 9-inch chocolate pie crust
Instructions:
Beat the cream cheese and sugar in a large bowl with an electric mixer at medium speed until creamy. Add the peanut butter and milk; beat 2 minutes more or until smooth. Fold in the whipped topping and 1 3/4 cups chopped cookies. Spread into pie crust. Sprinkle with remaining cookies. (I actually just put all my cookies into the pie filling.) Refrigerate 4-6 hours or overnight. YUM!!
| Oreo Peanut Butter Pie |
Cheers, Monica
No comments:
Post a Comment